8 Ways of How to make the Holiday Season Stress free
By Peg Jones
It’s the week before Thanksgiving and we are in a panic because, we have to cook three apple pies and 3 vegetable dishes, cook two turkeys, get 20lbs of mashed potatoes ready for dinner at 3 pm, with 20 people coming to the house, and five will be staying with for three days. And to add to all of this, to the every burning fire, you have to work till 4 on the day before Thanksgiving.
That was last week’s problem……..
The Thanksgiving Holiday is finished.
And as you looked at your calendar, the Monday morning after the just passed holiday weekend, you see that you have less than 4 weeks to plan and decide what the Christmas or Hanukkah or other traditions, of the season, plans and events will be the next 3- 4 weeks for this very busy season.
You see the craziness of all that is supposedly expected on social and traditional levels. The expectations of your children, young and old, friends and relatives, and finding the time to do the shopping, the baking and the going to the concerts, and all the activities that the children are involved in, at school, and church, or temple, and the adult parties that can be a bit cumbersome, and expensive.
It can get quite crazy, wild. But does it really have to be this way.. ?
Sometimes making the season simple can be the easiest way for coping with the incredible amount of marketing, and all of its expectations. Making it simple, fun, and creative is what I am feeling. I need to suggest for having the holiday to be something you and all in your life to enjoy the holiday season.
Tradition is a big part of the holiday season, and passing down the traditions of food, social occasions and of adults and children can be hard to keep up.
Of course this is not the way for all of us but those with children, married or single, and wanting to uphold the traditions you choose to share with them, can be rather crazy. Or if you have to cook for a party or lots of people during the day of the holiday, having company during this time, can be a challenging task too.
I asked Archangel Michael and Archangel Raphael, for some ideas on some main points to consider for this holiday season, to possibly make the season go a bit smoother with less stress…..Of course we have the weather to consider too, because inclement weather, can certainly change the plans for our holiday season.
The following are some points to ponder.
- Make lists, of all you need to do. Take out your calendar, put in the kids social events and your events too, with or without your partner, and with friends.. The office parties, the neighborhood gatherings. Then plan out shopping lists, for food and home decorations, in and outdoor.. And delegate, delegate.
- Delegate tasks for home, tasks and include everyone that can help… Taking out the decorations and decorating can be a family activity over a weekend, and the same with cooking… Preparing for the holiday food, can be delegated too, to older children, who can cook or bake, or send them to the store for things you may need for the holiday… Also making homemade decorations for whatever holiday is being celebrated in the home is a good way to include all in helping the holiday be fun..
- Planning a budget so that expenses don’t go to out of control is very important. Sticking to the plan is always a challenge, especially for those that have a kind heart, and want to make everyone happy….
- Making your own holiday cards for those special in your life, can be done for those with older children. Making ornaments are also a fun thing to explore and research… They look great on the tree or in a window, and make great gifts too.
- Ten people are coming to your house on the day of the holiday, and you work or just very busy.. You can ask each person to bring a dish, or dessert for the meal and you cook the turkey, and a dessert or two, Asking others to help is a good way to keep the amount of work down, and can help to keep all calm.. Also make some of the food ahead of time, such as dessert, and some vegetables or casseroles. And ask for help too.
- As for the gifts to be purchased, many buy all through the year, or buy gifts as they travel too.. OR you can make some gifts and start early to begin the projects, or to give to a charity of your choice. There online shopping too and this can take time away from the shopping centers. Make it simple, make it fun..
- I remember days of watching relatives, and myself included of wrapping the day before Christmas, mountains of gifts, sitting in the bedroom away from the family activities all day.. Try wrapping as your purchase the items, or use bags, as this saves time for the laborious task of wrapping the gifts. As others to help too..
- How about the card list in sending cards to friend and relatives, and business associates… Can the list be cut down a bit this year? Do you have to really send cards to those you will be seeing on the holiday or in town?
The holidays are a time of community, and so many of us have this opportunity of being with those we love and cherish. There are many that do not have this and the angels ask us to remember this, and to be kind to those who are with family or who are celebrating alone, for so many reasons, that I don’t need to write about.
I think keeping these people in mind. In giving them a call, or sending a card, saying hello, helping out at a charity or soup kitchen, or just lighting a candle and asking our higher power, to be with them, and to keep them safe for this time, if they do happen to be completely alone..
If appropriate you could ask them to a meal on the day of the holiday or before or after the holiday, just to let them know you are thinking of them.
We also have to respect that some choose to be alone too, and that is ok too.
I believe I have pretty much covered the main things to consider during the holiday coming up.
As light workers, this can be a season of great challenge for the people we work with and on a personal basis.. We need to be sure that we are grounded and protected safely so that we can do the work we share with others, and for ourselves and family, so that we too are able to enjoy the holiday time, if celebrated. Or it’s just a time personal spiritual celebration, of our source.. Having our own traditions and celebrations are to be celebrated too and respecting all ways of others celebrating this season too…
2014 is leaving us and 2015 is quickly coming towards us….
I just want to say that the next month is a time of joy and peace for all and to know, that whatever difficulties maybe come about this time, your angels are with you always Especially, when you ask them for assistance… Asking them for help and trusting they are there for you, will help you to see how much the angels do want to help you today and always..
“Having positive intent in all that you do,
Will keep you, from feeling a always so blue.
Helping your fellow man, in some special way,
Will help them carry on, throughout their day.
Going the extra mile and helping with a smile,
Will help you to share, and show you care.
If life gets tough and it’s hard to cope,
Know the angels are with you
we will guide you on your slippery slope.
When asking your angels for guidance, and telling them your woes,
Know we are listening and offering you a rose.
The rose signifies love and the strength that you possess,
Listen closely to our whispers and know you are very blessed.”
By Peg Jones Copyright© 2006 PegJones
This month is the special month commemorating Archangel Michael. The day that he is celebrated is September 29 th. Many traditions call his day Michaelmas or Feast of Archangel Michael. So this month, i will be sharing a channeling from Archangel Michael each week. Next week we will have a new angel that i will share some information about the that angel of the month.
Some very basic facts about Archangel Michael. is that he is the leader of the Archangels, and his name means “Like God” Closest to God. He is known as the angel of safety and protection, and helping you to use you voice in communication, such as speaking your truth and knowing your power, and not helping you to communicate with others effectively and also to help you speak creatively and to sing too .. So he is all about the Throat chakra which as we know is about communication and the color blue is very much his color ray too. So when you meditate or you might be offering an angel reading or any other type of reading, and you may see blue know that Archangel Michael is near, and that he is encouraging you to speak up …. for your self and for others.
and also that he is near you ..ready to help. So if you feel that you aren’t safe for some reason, or scared for some reason whether its fear of doing something new, like a new job or interview, having to speak up , you can ask him to help you at anytime.. And he will be there immediately for you .
This weeks channeling is as follows.
My friends, I am Archangel Michael, and i am so happy to speaking to you this month. I am herng to say that when life gets a bit crazy as it sometimes can, know that taking even a few minutes to just be is something you might want to try. So that you can regain your focus of the day and what is needed to be done during this day.. So taking this time, to breathe and to know that I will be there with you, especially, when you ask me to be there for you, you will feel a bit more calmer at this time. Also when things get hectic during you day, taking the time to ground and protect, with help you to gain the strength to get through what you would need to focus on.. Try an affirmation that helps you to keep your focus on the positive no matter what is happening. Thank you for taking this time to hearing my short message for all of… Angel Blessings and don’t forget to smile….today.