Have you ever thought of starting a spiritual journal?
From the time, I received my first diary as a young girl till I was in my 20’s; I had always done some kind of journaling. In my 20’s, I kept a journal/ diary, about the ups and downs my life was taking at the time. I had at least two or three going at the same time. I enjoyed doing this writing very much, until I found my house mates, my privacy had been violated, as I had found out the journal had been looked at without permission. In thinking about this time in my life, I was going through some real spiritual dilemmas. During this time, I was living on my own and could barely make ends meet. In my journal, I wrote about some of the milestones, I had experienced and also my dreams and hopes, to God many a time.
In many ways, I had lost the connection to my spirituality, because of some setbacks; I had gone through, just before I had gotten married. This period of disconnect from spirit happened for over 15 yrs following, the date of our marriage.
I made many attempts to do some writing in my journal, but to be honest; I had no time to write in my journal. During this time, I had been a teacher of young children and I didn’t have the time, or patience, to do any writing of a spiritual nature. In looking back, during that time, my writing consisted of writing lesson plans, IEP’S, daily anecdotal reports, yearly reports. I had no time or particular interest of doing extra writing of any sort.
And then there was a time in life when I began a new spiritual journey of self healing, and feeling the need to express myself more. I began to take some creative writing, online classes. I found this had helped me to reach my heart and soul and see the spiritual connection that I doubted was genuinely there. I was writing more creatively and writing poetry, essays, and having a column on a few spiritual sites.
My creative writing was mainly poetry and essays for publication and also began writing some meditations. I found, I was doing a lot of writing of poetry about the angels, as I was becoming more involved in doing angel readings and angel meditation healings. Angel were becoming very important to me and found that a lot of this writing was channeled writing, which I had know Idea I was doing, until someone said to me, that some of what I was writing was channeled.
About 3 years ago, a friend of mine asked me to share a daily message on her website. I also shared them on social media and kept them in a blog. About 2 months later, I felt I was being asked to develop journal questions for the messages that were shared, each day. As I was doing this each day, I realized that even though the messages were personal on some level, they were messages to help everyone to notice how the angels are truly in your life. I also realized that the journal exercises had nothing to do with automatic writing. The journal exercises were to help you start to notice the signs the angels were there for you. Helping you to be in your heart place, more consistently, healing, and knowing you are being supported by the universe.
In thinking about a spiritual journal, and how you would use the journal I had several ideas and insights.
- It can be the same as any other journal, but its thinking in a different space.
- The spiritual journal can help others to notice their angels, or guides.
- It could be thanking the universe for the day you experienced or for something more specific.
- Speaking from your heart what is on your mind for that day.
- You would write message, you feel you might be sensing, or it could be an experience in working with one specific angel over a period of times and telling them what is on your mind or asking for help.
- Writing a prayer of thanks of concern of gratitude. What is in your heart at the time?
- It is a place where you can contain and see the spiritual growth taking place in your own life.
- Asking questions and writing the answers, to and from God, angels, guides
- You could put a meditation, poem, prayer that you had created. The possibilities are limitless.
The angels are telling me that we get so caught up in our lives that we truly forget who we are. When you keep a spiritual journal, it’s a time where you and reflect and have time for you.
In July of 2013, my book, Living in the Heart Place with Your Angels: Daily Angelical Whispers Throughout the Year, is a book of messages from the angels, for each day of the year. Each message has a daily journal message, for you to think about and write your thoughts on the message and journal exercise. It is a way to connect with your angels and also to help with self empowerment, and lots of messages of self healing, living in the heart place, forgiveness and some exercises that encourage creativity in your writing too.
Spiritual journaling with the angels is all about transformation of what is real and true for you as you travel on your spiritual path. I think in many ways, it can help you to reconnect with yourself, and with the universe, and especially our Source, who ever that may for you. The balance of body, mind, and spirit is so important for us to strive to make happen for ourselves, and self -expression in these concepts is also important for our growth on our life path, and enjoying and see the positive milestone, we each can make every day.
BY Peg Jones
My book is on Amazon.com and my author page is http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B00E1ORQDK
- Posted in: angel humor ♦ Angel Messages ♦ Archangel Michael ♦ balanced life ♦ being grateful ♦ Gods Messengers ♦ grateful List ♦ Guidance ♦ Healing with the Angels ♦ Heart Place ♦ journey ♦ Joy ♦ life in balance ♦ Lightworker ♦ Path ♦ Positive Thinking ♦ self love ♦ trust in the universe
- Tagged: angel messages, Archangel Michael, heart place, inspiration, Positive Thinking